Software Engineer II
LOCATION: Vancouver – this is not a remote role. All applicants must be legally allowed to work in Canada in our Vancouver office.
The Software Engineer II acts as the liaison between the client and RMI staff by communicating client needs clearly to the project team. The Software Engineer II has a solid foundation of software design and development fundamentals and is a strong, responsive problem solver with the creativity to come up with innovative solutions to varying types of technical issues.
- Support software throughout the entire development lifecycle. Including proof of concept, new development, system testing, fixing bugs, performance tuning and production support
- Work with product owners to determine design and requirements of new and enhanced features
- Integrate with 3rd party services via REST or SOAP APIs
- Create APIs to be consumed by front-end developers or partners and assist with integrations
- Develop modern front-end web application components and services
- Assist project management by providing estimates for stories and tasks for capacity planning and provide feedback when needed to make scope and priority decisions
- Provide support and guidance to junior developers on the team
- Collaborate with other team members to shape overall product direction and decisions
- Keep up to date with current development trends, security concerns, technology and tools
- Work with team members to assess and implement technology solutions
- Flexibility and adaptability, coping effectively with complexity and change
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and complex problem-solving skills is imperative
- Ability to communicate and interact effectively with technical professionals, as well as users and stakeholders who are non-technical
- Ability to work on a team, thrive in a fast-paced environment, prioritize work assignments, meet deadlines and produce an acceptable volume of work
- Ability to work and collaborate well in geographically distributed cross-functional teams
- Resourcefulness, creativity, good judgment, consulting, and report writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Suite
Education and Experience:
- Five plus years of experience delivering production ready web-based applications
- Java development experience and knowledge of common 3rd party libraries and frameworks
- Experience using a SPA framework similar to Angular
- Experience building applications from the ground up
- Experience with relational databases, Object Oriented design principles, RESTful web services and service-oriented architecture
RAZR is a fast-growing marketing technology company headquartered in the Twin Cities, and we count some of the country’s most recognized brands among our clients. Working across a spectrum of industries including healthcare, medical technology, financial services, and retail, we help companies establish meaningful connections with the audiences who drive their businesses. We do this by combining smart strategy, compelling creative and a proprietary suite of engagement technology.
We pride ourselves on a warm and welcoming culture of passion and pride, built by an eclectic group of fun-loving people at a hassle-free location in the Twin Cities’ west metro.
Our need is immediate, so reply without delay — with a current resume, cover letter and your salary expectations — to firstname.lastname@example.org