RAZR Marketing Inc. (RMI) is looking for a Controller who will own all aspects of the organization’s accounting activities while improving processes as we continue to scale. The successful candidate will handle the general and managerial-level accounting functions including, but not limited to: intercompany accounting, cash management, account reconciliations, reporting, analysis, payroll approvals, receivables, payables, US and CA inventory cost conversions, taxes, etc.
As the head of the accounting department, you will ensure that our financial records are maintained in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, applied on a consistent basis, and will report to / work alongside the company President.
- Lead, manage and hold accountable 2-3 accounting department employees
- Perform and manage the monthly close process
- Own all processes related to accounting: payroll, accounts payable, accounts receivable, as well as financial reporting, including journal entries and reconciliations
- Manage organizational cash flow, assets, forecasting, and reporting
- Prepare budgets, financial reports, metrics, and monthly variance reports for management
- Responsible for the company’s federal, state, local, and international tax compliance
- Oversee all transactions related to general ledgers, receivables, payables, payroll insurance and financial reporting internally and externally
- Focus on streamlined systems and processes, and sustain growth and an excellent culture
- Coordinate corporate tax reporting and the preparation of tax returns with outside accountants
- Ensure accuracy in the operating infrastructure and internal controls, helping to support the achievement of the organization’s financial targets
- Comply with federal, state, local, and international legal requirements by maintaining compliance documentation and historical business records
Core Competencies & Attributes
- 5-10 years of progressive accounting-related experience
- Previous early stage experience or experience in the SaaS industry preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- CPA strongly preferred
- Prior management experience
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, and financial reporting
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage simultaneous priorities
- Strong organizational skills, autonomy, and high level of ownership
- Demonstrated ability to roll-up sleeves and work in a hands-on management capacity
- High level of proficiency in Excel
- Knowledge of Traction, Workamajig, and Google Suite preferred
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent computer and administrative skills
- Tact and discretion when dealing with confidential information
- Valid driver’s license and insurance
- Professional demeanor and appearance when dealing with clients and employees alike
RAZR is a fast-growing marketing technology company headquartered in the Twin Cities, and we count some of the country’s most recognized brands among our clients. Working across a spectrum of industries including healthcare, medical technology, financial services, and wealth management, we help companies establish meaningful connections with the audiences who drive their businesses. We do this by combining smart strategy, compelling creative and a proprietary suite of engagement technology.
We pride ourselves on a warm and welcoming culture of passion and pride, built by an eclectic group of fun-loving people at a hassle-free location in the Twin Cities’ west metro. It doesn’t hurt that we have this awesome stuff too:
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Short & Long Term Disability, Life Insurance — paid by employer
- Health Saving Accounts
- Paid vacation and sick days
- Philanthropy time — volunteer and get paid up to 40 hours a year!
- Casual dress code
- Occasional “Work From Home” days
- Clean, modern office — break room with full kitchen and coffee bar
- Patio — work and eat outside!
- Monthly contests and rewards
- Company-sponsored parties and events
Our need is immediate, so reply without delay! Send your current resume, a carefully-edited portfolio, or link to samples of your work, along with your salary expectations, to email@example.com.